Phone: 0161 439 7343
E Mail: email@example.com
Post: Deputy Headteacher
Salary: L12 – 17 £52,413 – £59,264
Start date: 1st September 2019
The Headteacher and Governors of Valley School wish to appoint a dedicated, highly motivated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher.
Valley is a Primary Special School for pupils with a high level of complex needs associated with learning, physical and health needs or with autism, serving the Stockport area. The school has a highly regarded specialist nursery and currently has two satellite classes off-site.
The success candidate will:
- Be passionate about seeing the potential in our children and helping them to progress and achieve
- Be an innovative and professional practitioner able to develop outstanding teaching and learning throughout the school
- Be committed to collaborative working with parents, colleagues and other professional
- Be able to offer sensitive, timely and personalised support to families
- Have excellent interpersonal, organisational and management skills
- Be a confident leader, able to evaluate progress and to hold people to account
- Be able to demonstrate how their work has had a significant impact on the whole school as part of a senior leadership team
We can offer the successful applicant:
- A supportive Headteacher
- Engaging and determined children
- A highly skilled and dedicated team of teachers and teaching assistants able to demonstrate excellent practice within and beyond the school
- Highly supportive governors and parents
- A strong partnership with the multi-disciplinary team, the local authority and neighbouring schools
- Excellent CPD and personal career development
The post is not open to job share, as the job share posts at the school are all currently filled.
Applications must be completed on the attached form and returned to the Headteacher.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to visit the school however if you require any further information about the post please telephone Debbie Thompson, Headteacher.
Valley School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday 15th March 2019 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday 18th March 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd April 2019