Chippenham SN15 1QF.
Permanent Full-Time Teacher
MPR / UPR + 1 SEN Point
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified skilled and experienced Classroom Teacher to
join our highly committed team
St. Nicholas school caters for children with a wide range of disabilities. (SLD, PMLD, ASD.
Age range 4-19 years). We currently have 76 pupils on roll and this number is due to rise.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is able to ensure every pupil makes good progress
- Has an excellent understanding of child development
- Is a good, or outstanding, reflective and resourceful practitioner, who is dedicated to making their practice the best it can be.
- Has knowledge and understanding of effective positive behaviour management strategies
- Has the ability to think creatively to support pupils to overcome their barriers to learning
- Has a knowledge and understanding of EYFS and special needs.
We can offer you:
- A very thorough and diverse Special Educational Needs professional development
- The opportunity to develop your teaching skills in a community that is committed to
improving outcomes for our young people.
- The opportunity to make a real difference in our school
- A friendly, supportive team of staff
Hours of work: Full time
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date (and time): 12 noon on Friday 22nd May 2020
Interview date: Thursday 28th May 2020
Commencement date: 1st September 2020
If you are interested in this post an application pack can be downloaded from the school website at
Alternatively, please contact the Personnel Officer, Denise Horn, at the School on extension 204, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack.
Candidates are welcome to contact the School to arrange a convenient appointment for a
guided visit. This will be considered in line with the current Government guidance regarding
Completed application forms to be submitted to Denise Horn by 12pm on 22nd May 2020.
St.Nicholas School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.